Art Gallery Director
QR Code Link to This Post
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY BEFORE RESPONDING:
Established art gallery is seeking a warm, outgoing, focused, and driven individual for a full-time gallery director position where your income is directly related to your sales ability. This is not merely a sales position but a managerial one as well. Duties will include everything that goes into operating the gallery: opening, closing, overseeing profitability, other employees, social media and customer satisfaction. Must be a self-starter.
• Experience in art gallery sales is helpful but not required as long as you are highly motivated to learn. (Please understand that clerk experience, cashier and phone sales are not considered as sales experience for this particular job.) 99% of our sales come from in-store sales, therefore person to person sales background is crucial. However, if you feel you have exceptional people skills, you are welcome to apply.
• Reliability and punctuality are vital. If you have trouble opening and closing on time, this is not the job for you.
• Must be self-motivated with an attention to detail and aesthetics.
• Writing skills are essential, as direct email communication with customers is a daily requirement.
• Marketing, social media, or event planning experience a plus
• Outgoing personality and professional wardrobe required.
Note: Your artistic ability is not important. Please understand this is not a place you will be able to market your own artwork. You will be selling the gallery art only.
We will be happy to answer any questions about the position AFTER we receive your resumé
(No drop-ins • No phone calls please)