compensation: Salary is negotiable (DOE) employment type: full-time non-profit organization
QR Code Link to This Post
The Executive Assistant provides administrative support to the CEO, the Board of Directors, and its committees to include a variety of complex secretarial duties as well as human resource issues. This position involves contact with the public, JCOA vendors, government agencies, and other non-profit organizations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide administrative support to the CEO, Board of Directors and its committees, which include preparing correspondence, arranging meetings, maintaining Board and Board Committee files, and taking minutes at Board meetings.
• Oversee hiring process, which includes coordinating job posts, reviewing resumes, and performing background checks.
• Prepare or update employment records related to changes in salary, hiring, transferring, promotion, and termination of employment.
• Ensure new hire paperwork is completed.
• Explain policy, procedures, laws, and standards to new and existing employees.
• Address any employment relations issues, such as work complaints and harassment allegations.
• Process all personnel action forms and ensure proper approval.
• Ensure legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable federal and state requirements.
• Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops.
• Minimum of three to five years’ experience in human resources, clerical procedures, and supervision of others. College degree preferred.
• Excellent written and verbal communication.
• Ability to multi-task and manage competing priorities and a diverse workload, while achieving results.
• Detail oriented and highly organized.
• Ability to tactfully and effectively deal with the public, staff at all levels, and board members in a personable and professional manner.
• Must have a valid driver’s license, reliable transportation, and current automobile insurance.
• Must pass a background check.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Programs.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers