Van Driver (New Orleans)
Job Specifications & Requirements:
1. Education: High School diploma or equivalent. Must have current CDL Class B license with a good driving record. Must maintain current CPR and First Aid certification.
2. Special Knowledge or Skills: Excellent verbal communication. Proficient with reading maps in print and on-line. Good knowledge of city streets. Good time management skills. Basic math and arithmetic to accurately track mileage and payment records. Good skills to manage various personalities.
3. Experience: At least 1-year experience with driving an 11-passenger van or larger. Experience driving a variety of people. At least 1-year experience working with people in a service capacity.
4. Supervisory Responsibilities: None.
5. Physical: Good physical health and ability to carry 40 lbs. up and down stairs.
6. Personality Traits: Reliable, flexible, trustworthy, safe driver, compassionate, self-directed, cooperative, works well with others, team oriented, positive attitude, problem solver.
7. Working Conditions: Driving a van in various types of weather, lifting heavy equipment for deliveries.
8. Work Schedule: 40 hours per week with occasional overtime, some flexibility needed.
9. Background and Drug Testing Required: Employment is contingent upon satisfactory results.
Deadline to apply: February 16, 2014
Apply as follows:
Email as listed- Include the job title in the subject line
Fax- 504-895-4162 (ATTN: HR/Terri J. Brown)
Mail- 123 State Street, New Orleans, La. 70118 / ATTN: Terri J.Brown
The Lighthouse for the Blind is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.
- Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
- do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers