Experienced Auto Tech / Mechanic - Goodyear Tire & Rubber (Slidell, LA)
compensation: Competitive Salary and Benefits-Varies with Experience
Goodyear is looking for individuals that embrace our shared corporate values such as open-mindedness, individual contribution, good character, positive attitude, and motivation to succeed! Goodyear values and maintains a culture committed to teamwork, mutual support, dedication and fun.
The auto technician is responsible for being able to professionally inspect, repair and maintain services under MAP guidelines to promote Goodyear's high customer satisfaction levels. The technician performs work as outlined on the repair order in accordance with dealerships, factory and Goodyear standards. Will be required to work with lube and oil filter, transmission service, alignment, computer systems diagnosis, tune-up, brake systems, steering and suspension. Must explain technical diagnoses and needed repairs to non-mechanical individuals which may include other associates and customers, and continuously learns new technical information and techniques in formal training sessions in order to stay abreast with rapidly changing automotive technology. The auto tech does work the Goodyear way according to Goodyear's policies and procedures. Will also assist in training and with the shadowing process as well as be required to maintain an organized service department.
* A valid driver's license
* Ability to lift an object weighing up to 60 pounds, to bend, twist, reach, climb, pull, push, stand and squat.
* High school diploma or GED
* Must be at least 18 years old
* Two years of experience or more in mechanical / auto repair related work.
* Past experience in working with organizations that maintain world class standards in the areas of sales, customer service and safety.
* Basic math skills.
* Ability to communicate effectively with customer, associates and management.
* Ability to be a self-starter and detail orientated.
* Must be reliable and able to work a flexible schedule depending on business needs
To view further information and to apply for this full-time opportunity, please go to:
- Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
- do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers