Landscape Installation Crew Leader (Harahan, LA)
To be successful in this position you must:
Have a minimum of 6 months of experience, some horticultural/plant knowledge a plus.
Build strong relationships through trust, hard work and determination.
Make a commitment to MLA's customer service and Quality standards.
Use your landscaping experience and people skills to be an effective team member.
Have a valid drivers license as well as a clean driving record and the ability to drive medium duty trucks & trailers.
Have a minimum of 2 years of experience
Reads landscaping blueprints, reviews plan with designer, and implements the landscape construction plan.
1. Operates a variety of mechanical equipment including but not limited to back hoes, bobcats, dingos, tillers, sod cutters, weed eaters, plant augers, chain saws, and drills.
2. Operates automatic and stick shift vehicles, such as dump trucks and truck and trailer combinations.
3. Completes the necessary paperwork including timesheets, work orders, change orders, material requisitions, and client tickets.
4. Plans and organizes the job, ensuring that sufficient resources and materials are available. Also ensures that job is completed in the most time-efficient manner.
5. Manages a team of two or more employees, including handling personnel issues on site and training employees on policies and procedures.
6. Maintains a clean and safe work environment, including work site and equipment.
7. Briefs supervisors and makes recommendations on job status, personnel issues, or clients concerns.
8. Works as a member of the team.
9. Maintains assigned equipment and notifies office management of needed repairs.
10. Proper use of company credit card and fuel cards.
11. Applies chemicals under direction of licensed chemical applicator.
Use effective communication skills.
Use push, ride and stand-up mowers, edgers, pruners, weed eaters, blowers and other equipment to complete jobs.
Use all appropriate equipment for watering and weed spraying.
Build positive relationships with customers and employees.
What we offer you:
Competitive pay based on experience
Health insurance, and other benefits
Please fax resumes to 504.733.3279, or send via email.
Apply in person Monday 4pm -5pm or Thursday 2pm - 3pm.
WE WILL NOT INTERVIEW YOU WITHOUT A CURRENT, VALID DRIVER'S LICENSE.