RENEW CMO-BASED INSTRUCTIONAL COACH (New Orleans)
The ReNEW CMO Based Instructional Coach will help fulfill ReNEW Schools' mission to transform existing academically unacceptable PK-12 schools into rigorous, college preparatory schools by working with a team of teachers across ReNEW Schools to improve their instructional practice and increase student gains.
At ReNEW, instructional coaches work closely with teachers to provide intensive coaching in 6-8 week cycles. CMO Instructional Coaches create and implement strategic teacher development plans and play an essential role ensuring that 100% of ReNEW teachers receive intensive instructional coaching that measurably improves their students' performance.
2014-2015 SCHOOL YEAR OUTCOMES
Meet or exceed 75% of student outcome goals during each coaching cycle
Meet or exceed 70% of teacher action goals during each coaching cycle
Meet or exceed 85% of teachers coached having net positive feelings towards the effectiveness of instructional coaching
Intensively coach at least 6 teachers per coaching cycle
Spend 100% of the time coaching, preparing for coaching meetings, and debriefing with teachers or school leaders
Collaborate with the school leadership team to create exemplary coaching plans that are aligned to teachers' needs
Meet all deadlines for creating coaching plans and submitting coaching data
Participate weekly in collaboration with small school coaching teams (co-observations, co-debriefs, brainstorming, etc.)
Help facilitate coaching professional development throughout the school year
Help design and facilitate small school professional development throughout the school year based on needs that arise in coaching plans
Help review coaching plans across the network and provide feedback
1. Communication: Speaks and writes clearly and articulately. Collaborates with school leaders and other support staff to ensure coaching plans are effectively aligned.
2. Initiative & persistence: Expects personal performance and team performance to be nothing short of the best. Has the drive and actions to set challenging goals and reach a high standard of performance despite barriers.
3. Strategic thinking & visioning: Able to see and communicate the big picture in an inspiring way to peers.
4. Developing others: The ability to set clear expectations and to hold others accountable for performance. Influence with the specific intent to increase the short and long-term effectiveness of another person.
5. Collaboration: Seeks to establish positive, collaborative relationships and values all voices and appreciates the strengths of others. Reaches out to peers and cooperates with the school leadership team to establish an overall collaborative working relationship.
6. Work ethic: Possesses a strong willingness to work hard and produce significant output with minimal wasted effort. Maintains stable performance when under pressure stress.
7. Organization: Plans, organizes, and schedules in an efficient, productive manner to focus on key priorities.
8. Analytical: Determines opportunities and trends through comprehensive analysis of current student performance trends. Exhibits a probing mind and achieves penetrating insights.
9. Constant learning: Often solicits feedback and reacts calmly to criticism or negative feedback.
Bachelor's degree required; Master's level degree preferred.
Experience effectively leading, managing, and coaching adults.
At least 3 years of instructional coaching experience
At least 3 years of urban teaching experience with a record of student achievement.
Apply at www.renewschools.org
- Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
- do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers