Dean of Instruction - Upper Elementary (New Orleans)
compensation: Apply for more info
ReNEW Cultural Arts Academy
New Orleans, LA, 70115
PK-8 Charter School
Dean of Instruction - Upper Elementary
Start Date:June 2, 2014
ReNEW Cultural Arts Academy builds a compassionate community of creative thinkers, leaders, and life-long learners who are prepared for success in all future pursuits.
The Upper Elementary Dean of Instruction will lead our efforts in student achievement through teacher coaching and development. We work hard to ensure we're providing a high quality education that our students' peers in wealthy communities receive and are not afraid to innovate or take small risks if it means we can better prepare our students to be lifelong learners. The DOI will work closely with the Principal, Lower Elementary Dean of Instruction, and Dean of Culture to establish and maintain a staff and student culture based in our Mission and Values through modeling, coaching, and direct management of adults. The DOI will also work with Directors of Curriculum and Instruction, our Instructional Coaches, and other network staff to ensure our school is utilizing and sharing best practices.
You understand our team dynamic and harmonize well. We are able to anticipate each other, trust each other fully, and support each other. We do not drive each other crazy. You remain calm and cool under pressure. You can laugh while at work.
Job duties include, but are not limited to:
- Setting and communicating a bold vision for upper elementary classrooms
- Managing a caseload of teachers across subject areas and grades
- Providing weekly observations and debriefs to teachers
- Co-observing with the Lower Elementary DOI, Principal, and Instructional Coach
- Use multiple forms of quantitative and qualitative data in analyzing and implementing teacher and student growth
- Reviewing and providing feedback on lesson plans and assessments
- Confront poor to medium performance with clear, honest, and fair feedback immediately
- Developing Professional Development Priorities for the year, quarter, month, and week
- Planning Professional Development sessions and Data Days
- Creating and modifying school day schedules, calendars, and testing
- Serve as a liaison to the Intervention Committee and Chairs
- Support our Arts Integration initiatives through your coaching with teachers
- Design and implement systems and logistics that ensure a safe and efficient school
- Design/refine a class schedule that maximizes time and resources, and creating alternative schedules as necessary
- Manage para-professionals as needed
- Provide input and participate in personnel decisions
- Build relationships with students and families
- Serve as a member of the Leadership Team
- Communicate effectively in a variety of mediums, and to a variety of audiences
- Respond to emails in a timely fashion
Compensation and Benefits
Salaries start at $55,000. Includes full benefits paid at 100%, a computer, cellphone, retirement plan options, and opportunities to earn an additional $5,000 based on schoolwide academic peformance.
Minimum Years of Experience:3 years
Job Type:Principal/School Administrator
Click below to apply. If you can't click the link, copy and paste it into your browser.https://myedmatch.force.com/MEMTeacherRegistration?jobID=a0AA000000JkgCZ
- Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
- do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers