Elementary Teachers (New Orleans)
compensation: Apply for more info
Sylvanie Williams College Prep
New Orleans, LA, 70125
PK-5 Charter School
Start Date:July 7, 2014
Sylvanie Williams College Prep Charter School will prepare each of its students to enter and excel in a rigorous 4-year college or university. We believe in providing our students a top-quality education, as well as explicit character education and a plethora of arts and extra-curricular opportunities. We work relentlessly to ensure that we teach and develop a holistically sound experience for children that equips them with the knowledge, mindsets, and skills to not only be successful within school, but also in life.
Sylvanie Williams College Prep is searching for Prek-5th Grade teachers for the 2014-2015 school year. If you are relentless about seeing disadvantaged students achieve at high levels, this is a chance to work at a school that does whatever it takes to ensure college success for all children. Moreover, your work would make a profound and lasting contribution to the revitalization of New Orleans.
Background:New Orleans College Prep's (NOCP) mission is to prepare each of its students to enter and excel in a rigorous four-year college or university. Over the past six years, NOCP has grown from a single school with a single grade of 100 students, to now operate 3 charter schools spanning grades PK-12, serving over 1,200 students on 3 campuses. NOCP will continue to expand its services to additional campuses throughout New Orleans in the coming years, ultimately growing to 8-10 charters under its management. NOCP is serving its part in a broader city-wide vision to make New Orleans the first 100% high-performing urban school system in our nation's history.
NOCP has achieved significant academic achievement gains: -The percentage of NOCP 3rd-8th graders scoring Basic or above on the state exams increased by 22% between 2011 and 2013. -Only 25% of NOCP's founding 6th graders were performing at Basic or above on state exams when they first enrolled in our middle school. 85% scored 18 or above on the ACT as 11th graders. -In 2012, NOCP's schools were amongst the top five highest gaining open enrollment public schools in the city.
More detailed information about our academic performance can be found on our website by visiting www.nolacollegeprep.org and clicking Our Results. We are very proud of our school staff, parents, and scholars for these achievements, but we have much more to accomplish in order to realize our mission of 100% of our students prepared for success in a rigorous 4-year college.
- Constant learner: Solicits feedback and implements new ideas in instruction, stays abreast of current research on teaching and learning, enhances professional skills
- Solutions-Oriented: concentrates on finding ways to solve problems and improve systems
- Enthusiasm: exhibits passion and excitement over work
- High Expectations: An unwavering belief that all students can achieve at high levels
- Results Oriented: Proven track record of producing dramatic, demonstrable student achievement gains as a teacher
- Work ethic: possesses a strong willingness to work hard and long hours to get the job done
- Intelligence: learns quickly, demonstrates ability to quickly and proficiently absorb new information
- Experienced: Successful manager of a classroom who emulates the belief that structure and clear expectations are drivers of student success
- Teamwork: Demonstrated ability to work well in a team
- Design classroom instruction using research-based strategies
- Develop curriculum using principles of backwards design
- Execute research-based programs according to best practices
- Frequently analyze results from multiple sources to drive instruction
- Maintain school culture of high behavioral expectations
- Build a strong advisory culture with a small group of students
- Maintain frequent communication with student families
Compensation and Benefits
Compensation: We offer a competitive compensation package, including generous retirement contributions and comprehensive health benefits.
Minimum Years of Experience:1 year
Job Type:Teaching Position
Click below to apply. If you can't click the link, copy and paste it into your browser.https://myedmatch.force.com/MEMTeacherRegistration?jobID=a0AA000000JhLPb
- Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
- do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers