Kindergarten Teacher (New Orleans)
Teaching Jobs - Apply Now
New Orleans, LA, 70115
K-1 Charter School
Start Date:July 6, 2014
Bricolage aims to do two things: advance educational equity and create innovators who change the world.
Bricolage teachers are a fun, intriguing bunch. All of us love to teach. We all love children and see ourselves working in schools for a long, long time.
We try to be teachers who create the kind of classrooms that nobody ever wants to leave - where it's fun to learn and you can almost see the discovery fireworks bouncing off the walls. We're looking for others who approach their work like we do -- with passion, diligence and WOW!
Specifically, lead teachers at Bricolage are responsible for
- student outcomes. We use multiple measures to assess student learning and preparedness, but it's on teachers to deliver.
- laying the foundation of learning for students in your class -- and establish the culture for an entire school -- ensuring every child is on track to living the life of their dreams
- delivering an instructional approach that includes
- a balanced literacy program inclusive of Reading and Writing Workshop
- content area studies units driven by inquiry
- mathematics emphasizing conceptual understanding and number sense before algorithmic procedures
- creating a classroom culture where students:
- share in its ownership
- treat each other with empathy and act with integrity
- learn how to be responsibly autonomous
- developing relationships with each student and their family
Oh! And one more thing -- you've got to be coachable. We all know that we're all still learning, because we will be sharing feedback in pursuit of the kind of excellent education all children deserve.
Qualifications - Required
- Love for children
- Bachelor's Degree
- Demonstrated success raising student achievement
- At least 1 year of teaching experience
Qualifications - Preferred
- Familiarity with the Teachers College Reading and Writing Workshop model of literacy instruction
- Success as a classroom teacher with a predominantly middle to high income student population and success as a classroom teacher with a predominately low income population
- Louisiana teaching certificate
Compensation and Benefits
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Relocation expense reimbursement is available.
Full health care coverage, including dental and vision
Retirement (403b) package with 6% employer match.
The best benefit is working with some of the best people, students and families that you would ever want to meet. We can't emphasize this enough - it's great to work here. Everyone is awesome.
We're looking for a special kind of teacher. If this sounds like you, please apply. We can't wait to meet you.
Minimum Years of Experience:1 year
Job Type:Teaching Position
Click below to apply. If you can't click the link, copy and paste it into your browser.https://myedmatch.force.com/MEMTeacherRegistration?jobID=a0AA000000InqnJ
- Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
- do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers