Dean of Culture (New Orleans)
Apply Now for Teaching Jobs
Dean of Culture
ReNEW Cultural Arts Academy
New Orleans, LA, 70115
PK-8 Charter School
Dean of Culture
Start Date:June 2, 2014
- ReNEW Cultural Arts Academy builds a compassionate community of creative thinkers, leaders, and life-long learners who are prepared for success in all future pursuits.
- The RCAA Dean of Culture will lead our efforts in setting and maintaining a compassionate community, enabling our school to meet its mission of building creative thinkers, leaders, and lifelong learners who are prepared for success in anything that comes their way.
- We work hard to ensure we're providing a high quality education that our students' peers in wealthy communities receive and are not afraid to innovate or take small risks if it means we can better prepare our students to be lifelong learners. The DOC will work closely with the Principal, Lower Elementary Dean of Instruction, and Upper Elementary Dean of Instruction to establish and maintain a staff and student culture based in our Mission and Values through modeling, coaching, and direct management of adults.
- The DOC will design and manage the Culture Team, our positive and consequential incentive systems, ensure they run smoothly, and constantly push for innovation and improvements in our systems.
- You understand our team dynamic and harmonize well. We are able to anticipate each other, trust each other fully, and support each other. We do not drive each other crazy. You remain calm and cool under pressure. You can laugh while at work. You're not afraid to innovate while you constantly search for better ways to support our students' and schools development.
- We are at an inflection point in our school's trajectory. We seek a bold thinker, meticulous planner and executor, and a well-rounded team player as we push our school to build a truly compassionate community.
- Job duties include, but are not limited to:
- · Setting and executing a bold vision for culture systems at RCAA for all grades/developmental levels
- · Design and implement systems and logistics that ensure a safe and efficient school, including positive and consequential behavior systems
- · Build relationships with students and families
- · Developing Professional Development Priorities in regard to Culture, including implementation of the RULER social-emotional curriculum
- · Ensure our school culture is strong and does not inhibit student learning
- · Reflect, innovate, and support teachers in implementing improvements
- · Planning Professional Development sessions and Data Days
- · Providing observations and debriefs to teachers as necessary
- o Co-observing with the Lower Elementary DOI, Principal, and Instructional Coach
- · Serve as a liaison to the Intervention Committee and Chairs
- · Support our Arts Integration initiatives through coaching of teachers and restorative approaches with students
- · Manage para-professionals as needed
- · Provide input and participate in personnel decisions
- · Serve as a member of the Leadership Team
- · Communicate effectively in a variety of mediums, and to a variety of audiences
- · Respond to emails in a timely fashion
Compensation and Benefits
- Salaries start at $55,000. Includes full benefits paid at 100%, a computer, cellphone, retirement plan options, and opportunities to earn an additional $5,000 based on schoolwide academic peformance.
Minimum Years of Experience:3 years
Job Type:Principal/School Administrator
Click below to apply. If you can't click the link, copy and paste it into your browser.https://myedmatch.force.com/MEMTeacherRegistration?jobID=a0AA000000JkgDD
- Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
- do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers